How to make money and create your own internet radio stations, shows and broadcasts online.
5 Reasons Why You Can Make A Lot Of Money With Your Own Internet Radio Station
By T L Gillis
Because of these new advances in technology and the availability of sites such as BlogTalkRadio, Speaker.com and uBroadcast, it's now easy, affordable and lucrative to start and run your on web radio station. I can think of many, many reasons why someone would want to start their own online radio station as their primary home based business. However, I'll give you just 5 below which I'm sure will get you thinking.
1. Though starting an online radio station of your own CAN require costly materials such as microphones, mixers, headphones, a station website and server space, there are ways you can eliminate all of these costs and materials. By creating your own online radio show with BlogTalkRadio.com or a comparable platform, you can have your web radio station up and running and earning you money within a matter of hours for free.
2. Once you have your own radio show, celebrities and the rich and famous will tend to seek YOU out! When you're a host of your own radio show, you'll be able to invite all kinds of interesting and well-known people to be on your show. Steve Harrison has a publication RTIR (Radio and TV Interview Report) that you can get signed up for at his web site, and he'll send you contact information on how to get famous guests and writers on your internet radio show.
3. People buy products that are endorsed by the famous and who know famous people! So, imagine that your doing your radio show on the net; You cut for a short commercial break. The music fades out and a wonderful commercial plugs your new ebook, your service, and your name. And voila! Your bank account grows. Because you can utilize celebrity endorsements, you now have greater credibility to sell your products or services on your own radio show.
4. With your own radio show you can use affiliates ads to get companies to send you cheques. It works like this: You join an affiliate program and place banner ads on your website where your radio show is broadcast from. The banners earn you money whenever they're clicked or when the products sell. The affiliate company tracks the click-through from your site by a code put into cookies, and you are mailed a cheque for your commission on the sales. You can also promote affiliate products on your show, giving you an additional way to promote the product and increase your sales.
5. The big money will eventually come from advertising. Now you can, as they say, do the math yourself. If you were on normal radio, it might cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars to find and develop relationships with advertisers, and then create the ads for them. But, by being on the internet, blogging, my-space, and through other PR techniques, you got a good amount of listeners and advertisers will seek you out. And, when you do decide to approach companies with an advertising program proposal, all those listeners you've accumulated will help you impress your prospective advertiser.
So let's look at some numbers. We'll assume for this example that your show is one hour long. Now you're not talking for the whole hour, you're playing music and ads and news pieces in between talking segments. That's where more money comes in for you. You can sell your advertising time for a few dollars. One 60 second spot on one show on the Radio Internet Broadcast Network (RIBN) nationally costs over $1400.00.
So let's say you decide to sell your ad time at RIBN (Radio Internet Broadcast Network) for $600.00 a minute. RIBN puts the ad in for you and you get it all produced with little effort on your part other that finding some advertisers and talking on your show. RIBN gives you 10 minutes for your own ad time on your show. Other companies have other offers and charge more for their show time on the net (some even charge as much as $10,000.00 a show). So to add up your 10 minutes at your price per spot the total is $6,000.00 a show! Now last time I checked there are 52 weeks in a year. 52 times $6,000.00 equals:
That's $312,000.00 a year!
So you see, there are actually hundreds of thousands of reasons to start your own internet radio station:-)
If you take your internet radio business seriously, and if you enjoy music, talking and learning, there could be an amazing future for you in this business. And if you would like more details on the specifics of starting your own internet radio station, I recommend you read Your Internet Radio Station.
Written by T. L. Gillis,
Publisher of WildRose Publishing, 1000 Home Business Ideas and 1000 Ways To Make Money, 1000 Traffic Generation Ideas. Terry L. Gillis is a psychologist, author and entrepreneur who has been advising individuals on business matters for over two decades. If you're thinking of starting a home business, visit 1000 Home Business Ideas for a new home business idea, overview, tips & resources every day.
(c)2011. WildRose Publishing - T.L. Gillis. All Rights Reserved.
This article may be reproduced as long as this resource box is included.